Frustrations of a Frustrated Writer

frustrations,grievances,piece of my mind

Thursday, April 12, 2007

How do I see politcs nowadays

How do I see politics nowadays? Honestly, I was more interested in politics 6 years ago or even 5 years ago when the impeachment trial was on its highest peak. Politics spawned the talks of even the common men. I don’t know if it was because I was able to see clearly see the system and experienced corruption first hand or politics here is just a big joke. It has become a big joke for me. Before, I was optimistic that there would be public servants who would put into their priorities the cries and the needs of this poor country. They would at least try their best to give public service to the needy people. But now, what I see are power hungry individuals who want the spotlight that is why they are embarking into politics. Public service is not their priority. It is power. That is why I am cynical now to every politician that I see. This is the reason why many people, even the deranged ones, want to pursue a career in politics. They want the power. It is actually us the people who have the power because we are the ones who are electing these officials. But how do they treat the common people? They treat us as imbecile who feed of their hands whenever they buy their votes. With most of the population living below the poverty line, how would they consider principles of one candidate to the one who can give them in an instant what they really need? There is a real culture of corruption in the Philippines and even in most third world countries. I think that is just the way we are. Either we accept it or just loathe it for the rest of our lives. If ever that we loathe it, it is just like we are turning away from our real identity. Being a Filipino.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:42 AM, Blogger Kirk said…

    whatever, basta PICHAY itanim sa Senado hahahaha!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home