Frustrations of a Frustrated Writer

frustrations,grievances,piece of my mind

Saturday, August 22, 2009

trying to write after for so long

wow, it's been like what?...hmmm...I don't want to count..hehehe

Anyway, I haven't updated this for so long! God, I missed writing...

I'll try my best to write something sensible...

Let me start with what happened to me this morning...

I embarked on a journey going to my alma mater. Why? Well, I need to get some "stuffs" (I don't want to spill some details because it might get jinxed ). To my surprise, since it is a Saturday and normally traffic is not supposed to be that bad I'm stucked between Cordillera and Rotonda for 45 minutes. So, instead of staying inside the fx, I got off the vehicle not minding the fare that I already paid the driver (sayang naman yung 10 pesos...tsk). I started walking from Mayon St. It was fine since it was not raining and many people have already alighted their respective mode of transportation in order for them to get to their destinations by foot. Little did I know that I am going to receive my shock for the day.

I am actually expecting that there would be a great puddle starting from Blumentritt Street based from past experiences. Luckily, there was none. But when I reached Maceda Street, wow! Espana has become Espana Beach...yeah! Since I am already on the street, I have no choice but to thread the water. I am not feeling icky or anything about the water (though it is very clear to me that it is NOT CLEAN!) I actually enjoyed it.hee hee. Good thing I was wearing my knee length maong shorts and my "pink tsinelas" so I have no worries that my jeans would get wet. But, as I thread the water along Espana, espescially in the corner of the various alleys ( I think one of them is Antipolo St.) , the water was getting deeper. I thought that since I am wearing "short" pants, I am safe from getting wet. But the water is already thigh deep! So, despite the fact I am wearing my short pants, I still needed to roll them up. Even if I rolled them up, they still got wet due to the ripples or waves of the water. Oh, the waves really felt like I was on the beach hahaha! The deepest for me was the one along M. De La Fuente or trabajo. That one is really thigh deep. Even the one in Morayta but I passed through S.Loyola to "escape" the deep water but to no avail. The deepest part of the ocean of Espana is the one in front of UST. That is the reason why I passed through S. Loyola. Then my journey ended at the corner of Quezon Boulevard and Lerma St. I was literally dancing in the middle of Lerma St. after I passed through all that water.

How do I feel after this experience? Well, I can honestly say it was a happy experience. Why? Well, thank God it wasn't raining else it would have been harder. And also, I never thought that I would experience the "Espana experienceb". I actually experienced it before but it was very brief and it was 10 in the evening so I can't really enjoy it. I also loved the part when a bus would try to pass through the "puddle" therefore making waves. So, it was my first time to "climb on" or cling to the fence of UST. Hahaha! What a nice experience indeed. And I was also able to see Kuya Dodong in the canteen that they put up.

See? Who would have thought that being stuck in the historic puddle of Espana can be a fun experience. Hehehehe, I should have taken pictures to show how happy I was and how I looked like walking in all that water. Just imagine me smiling from ear to ear while walking in knee-deep puddle along Espana. Hahahahhaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home